Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Couch to 5K

For this post I wanted to talk about the new running plan that I have been working on. It is called the Couch to 5K (C25K), a 9 week running program designed to take you from lopping off of the couch, which is where I was, to running a 5k in just over 2 months. Today I finished week three, day 2 and I feel better than I have in a long time. The great thing about this system is that it starts you off in intervals and slowly works you up to running longer times and distances. I have tried before to start running but this is the first time that I am really enjoying it. One of the biggest factors on why I am succeeding is that my good friend Des comes over 3 times a week to run with me and my husband runs with me on Sundays. If I were to be really honest I probably would have given up by now without both of them to motivate me.
If you want to check out the program just go to:
http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
I promise you'll love it.